Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Another Spanish Project?

 Hello. My name is Bailey. Last week my Spanish teacher announced that we were going to do another project. My first thought was "Great, I have to get a poster board and do a bunch of research and it's all going to be in a language I don't understand.", but I was surprised when she said that we were all to prepare a Mexican dish. Now, I don't have a whole lot of experience in the kitchen besides helping my mom and making toast. Although I do remember a baking cookies phase when I was younger, but I think that was mostly just a big mess. Anyway, I got out my mother's cookbook and got out her Bean and Cheese Enchilada recipe and got to work.

I went in the kitchen and pulled out all of the stuff I would need. That was easier said than done. I opened the sour cream bowl and it looked like cottage cheese. After showing it an extreme look of horror for a moment, I ran to my mom with it and asked her what happened to it. She said it was just frozen and that it was fine to use. Next, I went in the pantry and looked for enchilada sauce. I found two cans, one had a dent in it that was the size of Texas and they were different brands, but I used them anyway. The last thing I got out was an industrial size can of black olives. If you know me, you know that I am an olive fiend. Not being able to find our metal can opener, I got out the flimsy plastic one. Well, that was a mistake. I opened the can about an inch before the thing got stuck and wouldn't even come off the can. After yanking it off and finding the metal one, I continued with my cooking.

Finally after a mild tortilla burn and enchilada sauce flying everywhere, my enchiladas were done and I was really proud of them. Now, and I can't believe I'm saying this, I really like cooking. So here is my blog. I am Bailey, a Frustrated Teen Cook.


1 comment: